Honda has rolled out the 2019 model year update for the Civic. After performing well in 2018, the car has a lot to live up to. The Civic’s flagship model the VTi-LX sedan has almost every bit of tech you can think of, to help it stay competitive with its competition, which now includes smaller SUV’s. However, it is up for the challenge.
- Satellite navigation with live traffic updates
- 7.0-inch touch screen infotainment system, with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Model-specific 17-inch alloy wheels
- Powered sunroof
- Steering-mounted paddle shifters
- An auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Heated front seats
- Full LED headlights
- Ten speaker audio system
- Dual-zone climate control
- Auto-folding side mirrors
- Keyless entry with push-button start
- Rear privacy glass
- Parking sensors front and rear
- Honda’s LaneWatch blind-spot side camera system
- DAB+ digital radio.
The new Honda Civic VTi-LX has a range of active safety editions. Honda’s active safety systems include:
- autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning
- Adaptive cruise control with ‘low speed follow.’
- Lane-departure warning and lane-keep assist
- Road-departure mitigation
- Automatic high beam.
As a result, all the Civic models have
a five-star ANCAP safety rating, scoring 34.68 out of 37.
The civic has an edgy design that is very angular and aggressive, but it suits the car! In combination with the luxury add-ons offered in the VTi-LX model (gloss-black exterior accents and chrome headlights), the Civic has never looked so sleek. The cabin looks just as modern, with a minimal design, focused on maximising storage space. High-quality materials present give the Civic a Luxury feel. Additionally, the Civic has plenty of room for passengers, with above-average legroom, fold-down centre armrests and a map pocket behind front passenger’s seat.
How the Civic Drives
Power in the VTi-LXi is from the 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine developing a decent 127kW (at 5500rpm) and 220Nm and sent to the front wheels exclusively via a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
In terms of performance, the drivetrain is perfectly capable of shifting the 1.3-tonne (1316kg tare) Civic at city and highway speeds.
The Civic VTi-LX is a great car, with many helpful features that make driving this car a dream. The modern design, combined with the spacious cabin makes for a good balance between function a beauty.
Source: Car Advice
If you are interested in the Civic range, click here to see the demonstrator deals Tynan Honda have.
Call us on 8545 8888 to find out more.