The all-new 2024 Hyundai Kona
Tynan Motors - 6th March 2023
Hyundai has confirmed the all-new Kona to be released in Australia, during the last quarter of this year!
Hyundai is creating a EV first approach, with a futuristic design, flowing with aerodynamic specifications through a sleek design of the entire vehicle, specifically a distinctive front end.
Hyundai has kept the original design of the Kona and has just changed the sizing of the model - creating a wider and longer design.
Unlike the outgoing model, this new Kona Electric will be available with a sporty-looking N Line version, plus an Eco package. There will also be N Line versions of the petrol and hybrid models. The second-generation Hyundai Kona Electric will land a few months after the 1.6-litre turbo and 2.0-litre naturally aspirated petrol-powered versions due mid-year. The Kona Electric will, however, touch down around the same time as the new Kona petrol-electric hybrid – to be offered in Australia for the first time after missing the cut in its first generation.
The Kona has been updated to surpase all future expectations and changes to vehicles, including the high tech look as the infotainment screen and digital display are connected to create a lengthened feel in the front of the vehicle. Also included in the change is the Hyundai Digital Key, which is available with the newer vehicle models, you can unlock and lock your vehicle all with the access of your smartphone holding up against the driver or passenger door handles.
The surround view camera makes each task easier with the accessbility of viewing from a different angle in which many vehicles do not acquire as of yet.
There is now a larger space in the interior of the Hyundai Kona range, as the boot now holds 30% space then the previous Kona. With the rear seats still in the upright position, there is now 466 litres of cargo space.
The new remote smart parking assist 2 ensures that the all-new Kona range can parallel park, diagonally park, back into and drive forward outside of a parking spot with ease, all while you are standing outside of the vehicle.
The Smart Tech
There have been extensive upgrades to the technology within the Kona range,
- Projection heads up display being one of them, which is a heads up display screened onto the front windscreen, projecting virtual information like directions or warning directly onto your view of the road.
- Vehicle-to-load tehnology is adapted throughout the vehicle, used to charge or load any electronic devices, such as scooters or camping equipment, while on the move or at your location.
- This vehicle features both forward collision avoidance assist and highway driving assist to keep each individual in the car, as safe as possible on each trip.
- E-active sound design allows for a more emotionally charged connection when driving and connected to the bose speakers throughout the vehicles interior.
- There is a heated charging cover included in the electric vehicles, due to the extreme lengths of climate, it ensures the electric charging port does not get frozen over during the cooler months.