The Suzuki Jimny has been one of the most popular cars of the last year. One of the main reasons for this it the customizability of the vehicle. Tracy and Dean have added some great features that could give you some ideas on what to add to yours!
After getting the 2019 Jimny, Tracy and Dean modified the Jimny, creating the ultimate camping and hunting vehicle. These additions create a very functional and fun custom Jimny.
What they added:
- ARB bullbar and a set of steel sliders to protect the sills with a winch lobbed into the bullbar for recovery duties
- Set of Adventure King’s spotties upfront for lighting
- Paired with an LED Lightbar on the roof cage. Speaking of the roof
- There’s a three-quarter roof cage up there, with an awning off the side for shade
- Pair of recovery boards
- Jerrycan holder that can hold half a tank of fuel
Keeping the custom Jimny grounded is a 65mm lift from Old Man Emu including bump stops, coil packs and castors, with a set of BFGoodrich KM3’s in a 215/75R15, giving plenty of traction.
Tracy and Dean use an Optima Yellow Top battery for starting the car. They have also bolted up a little air-compressor to keep the tyres filled when airing up and down while out four-wheel driving.
Additionally, the inside has a few extra switches to look after the spotties and accessories. A volt gauge to keep an eye on the battery and charging, plus an Oricom UHF and aerial looking after comms. The rear seats are mostly down, which gives a good amount of storage, for all of the camping gear they take away on trips.
Tracey and Dean plan to add a rear bar, snorkel and a tow bar to their Jimny in the future.
Find more information on the Suzuki Jimny here.
The article used: Unsealed, good things in small packages